Study and work in Ireland.
Students from outside the European Union can apply for 25-week + Internationalisation register courses. These courses also allow students to be employed for up to a maximum of 20 hours a week during the course.
When are these courses available?
Courses available all year round except December. Please contact the school for details.
Phone: +353 (0)51 877288
What do we do in the classes?
– Test each student when they arrive to put them in the most suitable level.
– Focus on General English.
– Use a core text book in each class.
– Use only English in the classroom.
– Practise Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking skills.
– Introduce and practise new Vocabulary and Grammar.
– Focus on language areas of specific interest or usefulness to students.
– Give a progress test each Friday to encourage students to study and to monitor their progress.
How many students are in each class?
-Between 4 and 8 (maximum 12)
85%+ attendance is necessary to fulfill visa requirements and failure to attend class can result in expulsion from the school and cancellation of your visa.
All courses result in a mandatory external IELTS exam. All IR programme students must undertake to sit the exam.
It is important to be familiar with the terms and conditions (find the link at the bottom of this page) before applying for Internationalisation Register Courses.
For course outlines click here.
For information about fees and conditions, please contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +353(0)51 877288.
There are minimum language proficienty entry levels for each of these programmes, please contact us for further information.
If you have any questions about these courses please contact us.
The Irish Government are introducing changes to these programmes from October 1st 2015. Some measures (like escrow payments for visa requiring nationals) are already in effect using the Pay To Study service.
How much do these classes cost?
Please use the following links to review our Terms and Conditions and book a course
See Adult price lists click here.
What qualifications do the teachers have?
– A primary degree.
– An EFL teaching qualification which is recognised by the Irish Government’s Department of Education.
Years of experience in English language classrooms.
Do I need a visa for these courses?
You can apply for a visa here
What levels/types are the classes?
Waterford English Language Centre offer three of these courses;
a) IR 1 General English + IELTS Pre-Intermediate.
b) IR 2 General English + IELTS Intermediate.
c) IR 3 General English + IELTS Upper-Intermediate.
Each of these courses have offer 15 hours of tuition per week between 9.00 and 13.15 for 25 weeks within the space of 7 months.> See here for more info on your level