Students join a class of between 4 and 10 language students of different nationalities to practice skills and language areas that best suit their level and needs.
Students who join our GE15 or GE20 course can choose to work towards IELTS examination.
When are these courses available?
-Monday to Friday 9.00-11.00.(10 hours per week).
-Monday to Friday 9.00-12.15.(15 hours per week).
-Monday to Friday 9.00-13.15.(20 hours per week).
-Registered students can join a course on any Monday.
What do we do in the classes?
-Test each student when they arrive to put them in the most suitable level.
– Focus on General English.
– Use a core text book in each class.
– Use only English in the classroom.
– Practise Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking skills.
– Introduce and practise new Vocabulary and Grammar.
– Focus on language areas of specific interest or usefulness to students.
– Give a progress test each Friday to encourage students to study and to monitor their progress.
How many students are in each class?
– Between 4 and 12
– At least 4 students of suitable level must register before we can provide a group class.
– The classes are generally for adult learners (17+).
– Courses generally run from eight to twelve weeks but students can join for periods of two weeks and longer.
– The school is closed on all public holidays and for two weeks at Christmas.
How much do these classes cost?
See Adult price lists click here.
What qualifications do the teachers have?
– A primary degree.
– An EFL teaching qualification which is recognised by the Irish Government’s Department of Education.
Years of experience in English language classrooms.
Do I need a visa for these courses?
You can apply for a visa here
What levels/types are the classes?
From Elementary (CEFR A2+) to Advanced (CEFR C1).> See here for more info on your level