Students live with a carefully selected Irish family and have daily one-to-one lessons in the home with a qualified WELC teacher. Students communicate only using English and make rapid progress.
When are these courses available?
– June, July, August or Easter holidays.
-Students can register for a 2/3/4/5/6 week course.
What do we do in the classes?
-Test each student when they arrive and place them in the correct level.
-Classes held in host family accommodation.
– Use only English in the classroom.
– Focus on skills areas (i.e.Reading, Writing, Listening or Speaking) in General English.
– Introduce and practise new Vocabulary and Grammar.
– Use games, projects and fun activities to practise the language.
– Focus on language areas of specific interest or usefulness to the students.
– Have a progress test every Friday.
How many students are in each class?
1 student (2,3,4 students can share a teacher on request basis)
-Only suitable for junior learners (8 to 17 years)
-Each student assigned an individual teacher.
-Students stay in vetted and approved host families (See Accommodation for more details).
-No interaction with students who have the same native language during their stay.
-Complete immersion in Irish family life.
How much do these classes cost?
See Junior Price List click here.
What qualifications do the teachers have?
– A primary degree
– An EFL teaching qualification which is recognised by the Irish Government’s Department of Education.
Years of experience in English language classrooms.
Do I need a visa for these courses?
You can apply for a visa here
What levels/types are the classes?
From Elementary( CEFR A2+) to Upper Intermediate (CEFR B2+)> See here for more info on your level