Students improve English language skills in a safe, creative and fun learning environment . They make new friends during daily afternoon activity sessions and excursions. They stay in a friendly Irish home. WELC accepts individuals and groups.
When are these courses available?
-June, July and August.
-Students can register for a 2/3/4/5/6 week course.
What do we do in the classes?
-Test each student when they arrive and place them in the correct level.
– Use only English in the classroom.
– Focus on skills areas (i.e.Reading, Writing, Listening or Speaking) in General English
– Introduce and practise new Vocabulary and Grammar.
– Use games, projects and fun activities to practise the language.
– Focus on language areas of specific interest or usefulness to the students.
– Have a progress test every Friday
How many students are in each class?
Max 15, average is 8-10
-Only suitable for junior learners (8 to 17 years).
-Activities provided each afternoon from Monday to Friday (See Student Info for more details).
-Students stay in vetted and approved host families (See Accommodation for more details).
How much do these classes cost?
See Junior Price List click here.
What qualifications do the teachers have?
– A primary degree.
– An EFL teaching qualification which is recognised by the Irish Government’s Department of Education.
Years of experience in English language classrooms.
Do I need a visa for these courses?
To see if you require a visa please check here
What levels/types are the classes?
From Elementary (CEFR A1) to Advanced (C1).> See here for more info on your level