Newtown School was established in 1798 and is one of Ireland's oldest boarding schools. WELC is proud to partner with Newtown School to provide international students the opportunity to experience life in this historical and captivating boarding school
Newtown School is situated on a secure and gated 17-acre (69,000 m2) site with wonderfully mature grounds and trees, only 10 minutes’ walk from the historical city centre of Waterford. Newtown offers traditional boarding style accommodation and fantastic facilities.
Charming boarding school
Students are accommodated in separate on-campus male or female boarding houses, with access to many facilities and only 10 minutes’ walk to Waterford city centre.
- 2-6 bedded rooms with shared shower/toilet facilities and wardrobe and side locker for each student
- Weekly bed linen change (Towels are NOT supplied). Rooms are fully serviced between occupancies
- Dining hall with homemade meals
- Laundry service once a week
- Secure access to each boarding house
- 24/7 supervision by WELC residential team
- Free wifi access
- Common/TV rooms in each boarding house